Kukkiwon World Taekwondo Training Institute to conduct standardized training for professors and evaluators in 2024

0

Kukkiwon World Taekwondo Training Institute (WTA) successfully held the ‘2024 Professor and Evaluator Standardization Training’ at Muju Taekwondowon from February 20th to 23rd. A total of 89 people attended this training, including 42 practical professors, 16 theory professors, and 31 evaluation committee members who will be active this year.

The WTA conducts such training every year with the purpose of creating a standardized training environment necessary to cultivate Taekwondo leaders with professional knowledge and qualifications, and to increase the reliability and fairness of evaluator evaluations. This training was conducted in three stages: the first for professors of Poomsae, sparring, and demonstration practice, the second for professors of breaking and general self-defense techniques, and the theory of self-defense, and the third for evaluators.

For practical and theoretical professors, training was conducted in the following order: understanding textbooks according to the qualification process, practical training (instruction methods and direction for each field), and discussion (related to standardized education). In addition, in the case of evaluation committee members, emphasis was placed on cultivating practical skills through education on understanding evaluation methods according to the qualification process, actual and mock evaluation of evaluation methods, and discussion (analysis of mock evaluation results).

WTA plans to make continuous efforts to provide quality education, including conducting additional standardized education for professors and evaluators in the second half of the year. Meanwhile, the WTA held the ‘2024 WTA Professor and Evaluation Committee Appointment Ceremony’ at the Kukkiwon Central Training Center on February 2.